Enable 2 Way Verification on Synology NAS
The 2 way verification option on a Synology NAS running at least DSM 4.2 is a feature you really need to consider when accessing the NAS over the internet. So theoretically there should be nobody except for you that can access the NAS. All you need is a smartphone that supports the Google Authenticator app.
- Login to your NAS with the account you want to active 2 way verification for.
- Click on the person silhouette – top right
- Click on options
- Enable 2 step verification
- Follow the Wizard!
- Log out of your NAS then log back in
- Enter your username & password
- You will be asked for the 6 digit code
Note: Always use the google authenticator app after you entered your login credentials otherwise it tells you that the combination you entered is wrong.